Corden Tennis Academy are organising a performance Level 1 in Jakarta Indonesia from 2-4 September 2018. The workshop lasts 3 days. This is a unique workshop enabling participants to be on the empowering & dynamic performance coaching pathway. Included is membership of the Professional Tennis Registry until Dec 2019.
Corden Tennis Academy tends to incorporate the FIDORS components of training alongside the components of fitness; Stamina, Strength, Suppleness & Speed.
However a variant of this foundation of training & fitness can be accentuated by the lessons learnt from Arthur Newton the great athlete & coach of the early twentieth century. Also can lean on the superior Timothy Noakes the South African scientist and emeritus professor of Exercise science and Sports Medicine of Cape Town University. Am also add some laws from myself within the Tennis & adventure sport realm!
1. Train frequently, all year round
2. Start gradually and train gently, always be careful so as to prevent injury.
3. Train first for stamina, later for speed.
4. Be flexible about your daily training schedule learn to sense the inner you train when your best performance can be nurtured.
5. Combine hard & easy training
6. Try to achieve as much as possible on a minimum of training
7. Be specific. Like the last FIDORS component s for specificity
8. Combine base training & peaking be a warrior & a ponderer
9. Mentally set out that it’s your time, all the time
10. Never overtrain
11. Get plenty of sleep
12. Become proficient at understanding nutrition be a self contained vessel.
13. Train with a coach, I would naturally say this but it’s true.
14. Train the mind, visualise every day your best outcome.
15. Rest when ever you can have your relax time.
16. Keep a journal
17. Understand the holistic approach to training.
18. Wake up early always be prepared.
First in class sponsorship package.
The best service! you can render is to make the most of yourself so your mind can be calm and balanced that grace may live in you and through you, reaching the up-most of your possibilities & potential.
I want to refer to the coachee learning a new sports skill. At first the sport cannot find expression in their untrained hands. As they train the soul of the sport emerges in the way the state of grace is over, about, around, in all of u
seeking to do great things through any sport endeavour.
As soon as we train our hands, feet, minds, bodies we can make the most of ourselves and to our coachee who have found expression through their newly acquired skill; from the untrained to the trained.
Corden Tennis Academy China / Indonesia.
— Read on user.trackmytennis.com/cordentennis
Thanks to Alex, Emilia & Natalia Michta for @babolat sponsored tennis
racquet for performance coaching duties. Strings by @Volkl at 49 tension, high tech Co-Polymer.
Distance running has character-strengthening traits as well as physical ones. Running has
tremendous pay offs for the elite performance tennis player including to push to the limit & tenacity qualities we need to survive in today’s world. Distance running demands & nurtures these qualities.